Latest Podcast Episode
- #51 Interview With Bryce Hoffman On Red Teaming, How To Conquer The Competition By Challenging Everything
- #50 Interview With Mike Erwin on Leading Yourself First
- #49 CEO of Athlete Network Chris Smith on Leveraging The Athlete Mindset to Keep Competing
- #48 Former NFL Player, Entrepreneur, And Mountaineer Mark Pattison On Summiting Greatness
- Interview with CEO and President of Vera Whole Health, Ryan Schmid
- Sarah Robb O'Hagan, Author of Extreme You: Step Up.Stand Out. Kick Ass. Repeat
- How To Work Optimally In A Changing Landscape
- Training For The Unknown: Interview with Former Army Ranger, Leadership Consultant and Author, JC Glick
- FMF Pitching Strategies to Grow Your Brand
- 18 Year Old Author, Writer, Speaker, Gen Z Consultant and Marketing Influence Deep Patel On Starting Early (Yes, He Really Is 18).output
- Five Minute Friday on Physical, Mental and Emotional Throttle Modulation
- #39 7 Year NFL Player And Superbowl Champion Ryan Nece On Mindset, Vulnerability, & Failure
- #39 FMF Catch The Damn Bus
- #38 Bestselling author of 'Embrace The Chaos' On Finding Opportunities
- #37 CEO of Kimpton Hotels Mike Defrino on Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- #36 suffer to love and love to suffer
- #35 FMF Exhaust The Moment
- #34 Alice Vitiello, Boxer, PhD and Single Mother of Two on Discipline is Learned
- #33: Adam Quiney, Executive Leadership Coach and Founder, Principle of EverGrowth Coaching
- #32 Five Minute Friday on Curiosity
- #31: Todd Kashdan, TEDx Speaker, Author, PHD
- #30 A personal interview with Jeff Boss, hosted by Spencer Marona.output
- #29 FMF
- #28 Founder Chief Creative Officer of The IDEA Brand Ryan Berman on Getting a Return on Courage
- #27 4 Es For Exceptional Entrepreneurship: No Matter What You're Doing, You Can Always Rely Upon These Four Strategies
- #26 FMF: There's No Such Thing As Reinvention
- #25: The chaos of startups - 4 frameworks to navigate entrepreneurial chaos and start
- #24: Mine the Hunt
- #23 FMF Focus on what you can affect and effect
- #22: 4 Leadership Lessons from the SEAL Teams That Are Fundamental To Business and Everyday Life
- #21: Stop worrying about yourself, doing vs being, the me vs we connection
- #20 Death, Love and Time
- #19 Don't Focus On The Product, Focus On This
- #18 Founder and CEO of Know Your Company Claire Lew On Getting To Know Your Company.output
- #17 4 Simple Strategies To Get (And Stay) Productive
- #16: Interview with Jason Lewis, Founder Theralent Executive Search On Making The Mindset Shift From Business Executive to Business Owner
- #15 Trust, Ego, We And Me.output
- #14 Interview with Author and Leadership Coach and Consultant Angela Sebaly on Courage
- #13 Interview With Jotforms Founder Aytekin Tank On How To Leverage Cross Functional Teams For Better Business Performance.output
- #12 Five Minute Friday Weekly Recap
- #11 Tom Brady Didn't Win, He Did This
- #10 Interview with Entrepreneur and author of Purpose is Profit Ed 'Skip' Mclaughlin
- #09: Embrace the Struggle
- #08: Chaos is freedom. Relish in it
- #07: Five Year Vietnam Pow, Leadership Coach, Consultant And Author Lee Ellis on Honor And Leadership
- #06: Five Minute Friday: The One Practice You MUST Do To Forge Clarity And Stay Competitive
- #05 Entitlement, Choice, Plodding vs Bursting, Goal Setting
- #04: 4 Simple Strategies For Finding Clarity
- #03: The Power of Purpose, The 6Cs Of Chaos, The Only Threat To Competitive Advantage, Venerability And Vulnerability, 3 Reasons Why Purpose Matters
- #02: Navigating Chaos, Curiosity, Questions and Momentum
- #01: Simple Isn't Easy, Start With Self, Why Knowledge Is Not Power
What The Chaos Cast Is About
I want to set expectations right from the get-go about what this show is about and what it's not.
This podcast is about lessons from chaos, where "chaos" is defined as unplanned, unpredicted and sometimes unwanted change. It's about informing and sharing with you--the listener--the experiences, behaviors and mindsets that have enabled not only myself but others to navigate their own "chaos"--and win.
The show explores all aspects of chaos because, well, chaos exists in all aspects of life:
- The self defeating beliefs, negative self-talk, lack of discipline, uncertainty about oneself, unclear purpose or direction in life, and building mental toughness. Whether you're an entrepreneur or simply looking for your next "move," everybody faces some degree of chaos in their life.
- The chaos that exists in a team--whether it's a business team or sports team--of managing difficult personalities, getting on the same page, holding each other accountable, creating a psychologically safe team environment, building trust between members.
- Navigating messy politics, aligning different business silos toward a shared purpose, creating a shared definition of success, leadership and self-leadership.
More than anything, the Chaos Cast is about exploring the mindsets and best-yet practices (because nothing is "the best") that enable "greatness" in life.
It's about getting from where you are to where you want to be, as an individual, as a team or as an organization, and enjoying the ride because that's what life's about--identifying what you want, outlining a strategy to get there and kicking ass along the way.
What The Chaos Cast Is Not About
This show is not about all the awesome killer missions I've been on as a SEAL. If you want to hear about SEAL shit, there are plenty of other sources out there.
Having said that, I will share lessons FROM my SEAL experience because, after all, I did spend 13 fucking years there, though so why wouldn't I? They were formative experiences and the lessons and takeaways from operating at such an elite level apply universally to people, teams and companies everywhere.
If you're looking for some "hoo-rah," high octane shit to make yourself feel better, this isn't it.
You can listen to previous episodes below.